Police on Thursday sought the public's help to identify a man whose body was found on a bike trail in Montebello in July.
He's believed to be white or Hispanic, between 35 and 55 years old, with a partial denture at the back of his lower right jaw.
No identifying papers were found with him, authorities said.
Homicide detectives with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department responded to a bike path along Lincoln Avenue in Montebello to investigate the discovery of human remains.
Local news from across Southern California
Detectives confirmed the remains were found by a cyclist, and had been there for some time.
Anyone with information about John Doe No. 152 is urged to call the L.A. County Coroner Identifications Unit at (323) 343-0754 or the Coroner Investigations Division at (323) 343-0714.
More Southern California Stories:
- Fire Weather Warnings Ahead for Weekend
- Newt Gingrich on "Leno": Shutdown "Not a Crisis"
- Police Probe Disneyland Ticket Scam
- LA Roads Cost Drivers: Report
- Kobe Bryant Back on Practice Floor
- Grandmother's Ashes Stolen From Family Van
- German Hiker Goes Missing Near Lake Arrowhead
- Surfer Wants Consumers to "Just Chill"