A man wielding two samurai swords in a Santa Ana, Calif., shopping center was zapped with a stun gun by police Friday night after he refused to put down the blades, police said.
Police arrested Hung Anh Nguyen, 29, after receiving numerous 911 calls about a man swinging two large samurai-style swords in a busy shopping center along Harbor Boulevard near McFadden Avenue about 11:15 p.m., according to a Santa Ana Police Department statement.
After refusing commands to put down the sharp 19- and 27-inch swords and yelling profanities, officers used a Taser on the man and brought him and the swords under control, police said.
The man, who police only identified as an adult male, was taken into custody and transported to an area hospital for psychological evaluation.
Local news from across Southern California
No one was injured by the swords, police said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Educator Provides Glimpse Inside "Teacher Jail"
- LAUSD Hiring Pro Investigators for Abuse Cases
- Baby Medicine Recalled After Plastic Pieces Found
- How to Talk Weight With Teens
- Boston Bombing Survivor Returns Home
- Brothers Charged With Murder in Girl's Shooting
- SoCal Heat Wave Intensifies
- UPS Driver Rescues Woman in Burning Pickup