The people at Top Ten Real Estate had a look around and liked what they saw when it came to Southern California beach houses.
Beach houses in Orange, LA, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties all made the group's list of the nation's top-10 coolest beach houses on the market at the time of publication.
Here's Top Ten's idea of cool:
It should be very modern with lots of glass and light. The convergence of ocean, beach and home should kick your summertime mojo into high gear.
And here are the SoCal beach houses that made the cut:
10. 2555 Altamar Dr., Laguna Beach, $21.5 million
7. 1801 Fernald Point Lane, Santa Barbara, $26.5 million
6. 3 Camel Point Dr., Laguna Beach, $17.9 million
4. 24434 Malibu Road, Malibu, $17.5 million
2. 3443 Padaro Lane, Carpinteria, $37.5 million
1. 1510 East Oceanfront, Newport Beach, $19.5 million
Top Ten described the East Oceanfront stunner this way:
Local news from across Southern California
This summer's most exciting beach home would have a spot on any Top Ten list. Featured in several magazines, this dazzling masterpiece was designed by Michael Kollin and constructed to feature the ocean, beach and an eclectic art collection. Includes two homes - a 5 bedroom, 5.5 bath residence and a 2 bedroom, 3 bath guest house - cabana, spa, pool, outside bar and kitchen, and a very impressive saltwater aquarium. If we lived here, we would never leave home.