SPAGO’S CARROT CAKE RECIPE
Farmers Market Carrot Cake – Very, Very Moist!!!
3 Eggs, room temperature
8 oz Vegetable oil
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2/3 cup Sugar
1½ tsp Cinnamon
Local news from across Southern California
1¼ cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
7 oz Carrots, peeled & shredded on a grater
2½ oz Coconut, sweetened, flaked
5 oz California Raisins, or substitute – fresh Pineapple, chopped & drained
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Prepare the baking molds. Brush with butter or spray with pan coating. Place on baking sheet. Reserve
3. In the bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, and cinnamon – whip on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Scrape down.
5. Sift the all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda.
6. Add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
7. Scrape down.
8. On low speed add the grated carrots, coconut and raisins or optional drained pineapple.
9. Scrape down.
10. Spoon or pipe batter into molds.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, rotate tray and continue to bake 5-7 minutes.
Skewer comes clean, the top will be slightly firm to touch and deep golden brown.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Not your average carrot cake topping!
8oz Cream Cheese
2oz Confectioners Sugar
2oz Lemon Juice
1. In the bowl of a standing electric mixing bowl on medium speed, paddle together the cream cheese, confectioners sugar and lemon juice for 1 minute.
2. Scrape down the sides and continue to paddle for 2 minutes, until smooth and fluffy.
3. Add the mascarpone and whip on low speed to combine.
Spago Executive Pastry Chef