While many lucky Jedis with reservations have already been frolicking around Disneyland's newest Star Wars attraction Galaxy's Edge, the rest of the world will get a chance as well June 24 — and Disneyland is doing its best to make sure lines don't turn it into the most frustrating place in the galaxy.
Star Wars Land From Above: See How Construction Took Shape at Galaxy's Edge
It's no shock that many Disneyland diehards and even once-a-year visitors lament the crowd sizes. Because of that, Disneyland announced a queue system Wednesday that help everyone have a magical time.
Local news from across Southern California
Essentially, it puts you in a virtual line so that instead of waiting in a real line in the baking Orange County sun, you are able to enjoy the rest of Disneyland — grabbing food, riding attractions, whatever you want — until it's time for your group to enter Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
While Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is officially open to everyone, Disneyland may institute the virtual queue to help with crowd sizes.
These New Star Wars Land Photos Will Send You Over the Galaxy's Edge
Disney Parks Blgo did note that reservations will still be required for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina. You can set up a reservation for these spots as soon as the park opens, and this reservation will also get you into Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge — you do not need to sign up for the virtual queue in addition to the reservation. Check out the drinks (some with — gasp! — alcohol) and new foods here.
[NATL-LA] The Interstellar Sips + Eats of Disneyland's Galaxy's Edge
And if this virtual queue is a smashing success, does that mean it will apply to the just-announced Marvel-themed area that is set to come to California Adventure (with a microbrewery)?
Only time and experience will tell.
- Download the Disneyland app.
- Once downloaded, tap "Join Boarding Group."
- Be sure to link your admission tickets to each member in the group. The app will also tell you which boarding group will enter Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, and when.
- Enable push notifications so that you know exactly when you're able to enter the Star Wars attraction. Note: You don't need to make a mad dash to the land after you receive the notification — you have two hours from the time it's sent to visit the attraction.
- The app will tell you which of the three entrances to use to get into Galaxy's Edge.
Non App Users
OK, so you don't want to download yet another app on your loaded phone.
You can visit FastPass stations within the park. Go to the FastPass stations near the Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or near the Matterhorn Bobsleds, and get in a virtual line there.
Disney Parks Blog also made a point of noting that admission to Galaxy's Edge is not guaranteed, even if you secure your spot in the virtual queue.