If Thanksgiving is a time for relaxation and to spend with family, why does everyone stress and spend hours in a hot kitchen?
People looking to avoide the kitchen can buy a whole Thanksgiving meal from these local restaurants and grocery stores.
1. Fresh and Easy has an option for those looking for a quick cooking alternative. The stores have “turkey, ham and roast beef dinners” for shoppers to choose from, said Brendan Wonnacott, communication director of the market. Customers can “choose their sides ,order online and pick it up.” The dinner serves up to eight people.
2. Boston Market is offering a whole turkey dinner for customers to pick up for $89.99 that serves 12 people. Other options include ham or turkey breast banquet dinners.
3. Marie Callender’s is featuring a turkey feast including trimmings that serve four to six people available for take home for $99.99 on their holiday menu. There are a la carte options if you just need the main meat option which include whole turkeys, a quarter-pound ham or turkey breast - all under $50.
These major chain grocery stores offer price specials on your Thanksgiving dinner needs. Vons is offering full dinners that include turkey, ham and prime rib that only need two hours to reheat. All dinners, which serve at least eight, come with sides, gravy and dessert all under $70, according to Carlos Illingworth, Vons spokesman.
5. Gelson’s Market is offering takeout meals fully prepared for you to provide for your family this holiday. Their meals serve two to 12 people and include trimmings such as stuffing, potatoes, and dessert. They offer both a la carte options and full dinners.
6. Campanile restaurant on La Brea is an option for those wishing to enjoy a higher-end meal on a leisurely day. Customers have the option of reserving a table and relax or placing an order to bring home. A la carte options can be ordered and contain 15 servings.
Local news from across Southern California
7. There will be a twist featured at Paradise Cove this Thanksgiving. This Malibu staple on the beach will have clam chowder on the menu along with turkey and pumpkin pie. Enjoy your holiday in paradise with the sound of the ocean serenading your holiday meal.
8. The Laugh Factory is giving back to the community by hosting its 32nd Annual Free Thanksgiving Day Feast. At this meal, the underprivileged, homeless and anyone alone for the holiday will get a special treat of a free dinner and comedy show. Four meals will be served throughout the day.
9. The Original Pantry is serving Thanksgiving dinner all day. The place has not closed since its opening in 1924 so use the holiday to take a trip down memory lane with your family.
10. Ruth Chris Steak House is offering reservations for a 3-course turkey dinner for $34.95. They also are offering a $12 children’s menu. Check locations near you for availability.