Mandatory evacuations are in place for some residents as a storm brings several days of steady rain to Southern California.
Below you'll find information about the Holy Fire, Woolsey Fire and Montecito evacuations, along with information about Ventura, Orange and Santa Barbara counties:
Woolsey Fire Area in Malibu
- Topanga Canyon Boulevard between Grandview Drive and Pacific Coast Highway;
- Decker Canyon Road between Pacific Coast Highway and Upper Mulholland Highway;
- Malibu Canyon Road between Civic Center Way and Piuma Road. (residents of the Malibu Knolls area are allowed in at Civic Center Way with ID)
All evacuation orders for the area were lifted as of 3:30 p.m. Thursday and all evacuation centers have been closed. Officials are advising those who return be aware of the potential for falling rocks and debris.
Get Los Angeles's latest local news on crime, entertainment, weather, schools, COVID, cost of living and more. Here's your go-to source for today's LA news.
Schools in the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District will open Friday after being closed for three days due to the storm. Concerns remain about the closures of Malibu Canyon and Topanga Canyon roads and if any of these schools end up being closed, the district will notify parents via social media and the district website by 6 a.m.
Mandatory evacuation area:
- Ventura RV Beach Resort.
Evacuation orders for the following areas have been lifted:
- South Coast of Ventura County/Community of Malibu - Roadways may be impacted. Residents should use caution
- Matilija / Wheeler Springs / North fork (extending along Oso Road)
- Bell Canyon (entire community)
- Oak Park (specific homes adjacent to the hillsides)
- Residences east of Hwy 33 / Casitas Springs (Vista Burn area)
- Ventura City
- La Conchita
- East Ojai
- Stewart Canyon
- Camarillo Springs
- Nye Road
- West of Hwy 33 (Sycamore at Edison drives)
- Yerba Buena Road, from Ellice Street to Yellow Hill Road – Extended duration closure (South Coast);
- Harbor Blvd. between Sanjon Road and the Ventura Pier (city of Ventura);
- West Main Street at Garden (No access to Ventura Beach RV Park) (city of Ventura);
- SR 33 Fairview Rd. to Lockwood Valley (N. of Ojai);
- Bundren Street, between Santa Ana Blvd. and Mahoney (Oak View);
- Creek Road, between Hermosa and Kenewa Street (Ojai);
- Hwy 150 between S. Rice Rd. and Avila Dr. (Ojai).
The Calabasas/Agoura Community Center was acting as an evacuation center, located at 27040 Malibu Hills Rd.,Calabasas, CA 91301
For more information of road closures, school closures and evacuation updates, click here.
Holy Fire Area in Riverside County
As of midnight, all evacuation warnings and orders have been lifted. Please remain vigilant as you travel on local roads.
A care and reception center was set up at Temescal Canyon High School at 28755 El Toro Rd. in Lake Elsinore to take in residents. Small animals were being accepted at the San Jacinto Animal Campus at 581 South Grand Ave. in San Jacinto.
Those who have large animals were instructed to contact Riverside County Animal Services.
Evacuees with recreational vehicles or motor homes were being provided free hookups at Lake Skinner Recreation Area at 37701 Warren Rd. in Winchester and Rancho Jurupa Regional Park at 4800 Crestmore Rd. in Jurupa Valley.
More information is available at www.rivcoready.org.