Newport Style Lobster
A creative and adventurous dish from the Newport Seafood Restaurant in San Gabriel. The Newport Style Lobster is a great challenge to make but an even greater reward to eat.
| || |
- Chop the lobster.
- Coat with corn starch.
- Fry for about 5 minutes.
- Heat butter and oil in the wok.
- Throw in garlic, 1 cup onions and jalapeno. Cook until garlic is golden brown.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and black pepper.
- Add about a cup of water.
- Add lobster, toss to coat.
- Add 1-2 cups green onion and another cup of water, and cover for a few minutes on high heat, so the sauce soaks into the lobster.
- Continue to stir fry while adding onions, until the moisture has evaporated and the ingredients are dry and sizzling.
- Add remaining onions just before plating.