A man who posed as a hair salon customer and waited for the business to close before allegedly sexually assaulting an employee has been arrested, police said Friday.
The attack happened Tuesday night around 7 p.m. after a man walked into a hair salon on Vanowen Street and dragged an employee to the back of the shop, where he allegedly sexually assaulted her after the business closed.
The man had waited at the salon until the victim was alone when he attacked her and ran away, police said. The assault was caught on surveillance video.
Top news of the day
"In my 28 years, I'll never forget this," LAPD Lt. Jim Gavin said earlier this week. "This was shocking."
The suspect was identified Friday as 30-year-old Enrique Orozco, booked on suspicion of kidnapping and rape. Bond was set at $1 million.
The man was found and arrested late Thursday night, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. Details regarding the arrest and an initial court date were not immediately available.
Los Angeles Superior Court records show Orozco pleaded guilty to possession of methamphetamine in connection with an April 2014 case.
LAPD released surveillance video of the attacker Wednesday, which generated tips, police said. Police credited the community's help in identifying the man suspected in the sexual assault.
A key tip came from a liquor store owner who recognized the attacker as a customer and gave LAPD some surveillance footage, police said.
NBC4's Jonathan Lloyd contributed to this report.