A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million over the Newtown school shootings on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor has withdrawn the claim -- at least for now.
The Stamford Advocate reports that Irving Pinsky withdrew the suit but says he might refile. He says he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.
Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury." He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.
U.S. & World
News from around the country and around the globe
The move to withdraw the claim came after Connecticut's attorney general said there appeared to be no basis to support Pinsky's request.
The Hartford Courant reported that Attorney General George Jepsen said Monday his office knows of "no facts or legal theory under which the State of Connecticut should be liable for causing the harms inflicted at Sandy Hook Elementary School."
Connecticut has immunity against most lawsuits unless it gives a party permission to sue.