Whether you are a tourist or San Francisco local, finding the hottest neighborhood restaurants can be tough. To assist foodies in their ventures, Yelp has found the most sought after eateries by both groups.
The results were calculated by comparing restaurant reviews and where each Yelper is from. The user rating company made it even easier for eager eaters by dividing the list into two categories: local neighborhoods and tourist destinations.
If looking to indulge in tourist hot spots or kick it like the locals, here are some of the top San Francisco restaurants.
U.S. & World
News from around the country and around the globe
• Tarantino’s Restaurant: Since being opened in 1946, this seafood affair has been a favorite among visitors. The Tarantino’s waterfront location is a bonus alongside the fresh Italian style meals. The restaurant also has an indoor sitting area as well as a street café and crab stand.
• Capurro’s: Capurro’s is another San Francisco restaurant that takes advantage of the local crustaceans. Guests will be greeted by a warm interior and can order a heaping helping of crab. The bright red façade and crafted sailor makes finding the restaurant is easy for tourists in the area.
• The Slanted Door: The Ferry Building has a collection of eateries, but the masses have deemed The Slanted Door as the must stop spot. The Vietnamese restaurant has labeled itself family style cuisine, but not in the traditional sense. Rather, they explain how the meals are meticulously crafted by every hand that passes over them in the restaurant. A favorite on the menu is the confection plate which offers a sampler of dessert and cotton candy.
• Café Bellini: Moving closer to the Union Square’s epicenter, many shoppers will turn to Café Bellini for their food fix. The European inspired restaurant offers a spread of meals to satisfy any picky eater. It also makes for a great stop for passersby to grab a coffee and pastry.
• Daily Grill: Although not unique to San Francisco, the interior of Daily Grill tells another story. Customers who step into the restaurant will be surrounded by historic photographs of the city, taking tourists back to the time of Al Capone. From here, Daily Grill entices travelers with classic American cuisine. With hearty foods like meatloaf on the menu, diners will be supplied a comforting meal after a hectic day touring.
• Rocco’s Café: Switching to a lesser known area, Rocco’s has stolen the hearts of locals since opening in 1990. The café features authentic Italian cuisine first fashioned by the owner’s grandfather in the 1920s. The food is so good that Guy Fieri even featured Rocco’s Cafe on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Need recommendations? Guy suggests the Bolognese or Linguini with Clams and White Sauce.
• Fondue Cowboy: While the word “fondue” may bring flashbacks of cheesy 70s shag carpet and wallpaper, this SoMa restaurant has reinvented the food for the better. As the name suggests, Fondue Cowboy combines the classic dish of melted cheeses with western movies. Sounds like an odd combination, but John Wayne would be willing to turn in his badge any day to snatch a bite of fruit bathed in chocolate rivers.
• Dragon Beaux: Away from all the hustle and bustle of downtown lies Dragon Beaux. Locals flock here to get their dim sum fix. Many of their recipes have successfully combined traditional ingredients with a modern twist. One particular item that has attracted attention is the Squid Ink Dumpling.
• DOSA on Valencia: Owners Anjan and Emily Mitra have taken their passion for South Indian food and transformed it into a local favorite. DOSA offers bold meals such as Andhra Chicken Masala and Paneer with Peas. The owners have also marked the menu for those with sensitive dietary needs, making dining out easier for everyone.
• Beretta: If looking for a hot date location, your search stops here. Beretta offers sleek Italian meals crafted with only the freshest ingredients. While the interior provides plenty of room for customers, guests still feel a sense of intimacy under the soft lighting.
Reservations for each of these restaurants can be booked on Yelp.