Woman in Critical Condition After Drinking Chemical-Laced Tea

A woman is in critical condition after drinking sweet tea containing a toxic cleaning chemical, which was accidentally added to the drink by a restaurant employee who mistook it for sugar, the Associated Press reported. Jan Harding, 67, suffered severe burns to her mouth and throat after drinking the tea at a Utah restaurant and is currently fighting for her life at a Salt Lake City hospital's burn unit. When Harding drank the tea, which contained large quantities of the cleaning chemical lye, she exclaimed to her husband: "I think I just drank acid."

Read More

Contact Us