With President Barack Obama coming to town, motorists can expect the usual spate of rolling street closures, particularly in the West Los Angeles and Westwood areas.
Obama arrived in Los Angeles Thursday evening and will leave Friday around midday, attending a pair of fundraisers. Although the president's exact travel plans are never released, the Los Angeles Police Department provided a list of areas motorists may want to avoid during Obama's visit.
On Friday, police recommend avoiding the following areas:
- The area around Hilgard Avenue between Weyburn and Sunset, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Sunset between Loring Avenue west to Burlingame Avenue, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Bristol Avenue between Sunset and Westboro Street, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- North Cliffwood Avenue between Westboro and Highwood streets, from 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Sunset Boulevard between Bristol Avenue and Sepulveda Boulevard, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Centinela Avenue between Ocean Park and Pico boulevards, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Traffic with be affected on both days in the following areas:
- Hilgard Avenue will be closed from 4 p.m. Thursday until 1 p.m. Friday.
- Malcolm Avenue will be closed from 7 p.m. Thursday until 1 p.m. Friday.
- Cliffwood Avenue will be closed from 10:30 a.m. Thursday to 12:30 p.m. Friday.