Weekend Dining: Pork Sliders for a Super Sunday
A perfect recipe for some Super Bowl snack
Published at 7:30 AM PST on Feb 6, 2011 | Updated at 7:45 AM PST on Feb 6, 2011
- 3lbs Pork shoulder or butt
- 4oz Achiote paste
- 1 yellow onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbls oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Slice pork into 4 equal pieces and mixed with above ingredients overnight.
- Place in braiser or (crock pot) along with cups water and cook slowly 350 degree oven 3 hours or until tender.
RED ONION MARMALADE
- 2lbs red onion
- 1/4 lbs butter
- 2 cups veal stock, chicken or water
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Dried thyme
- Tbls cups honey
- Peel and slice onion add to braiser with butter and sweat until soft.
- Add veal stock, water, balsamic vinegar, honey, thyme and salt.
- Reduce until thick in at 325 degrees.