Fire Weather Warning
San Bernardino County Mountains-
Including The Mountain Top And Front Country Ranger Districts Of
The San Bernardino National Forest-Riverside County Mountains-
Including The San Jacinto Ranger District Of The San Bernardino
National Forest-Santa Ana Mountains-
Including The Trabuco Ranger District of the Cleveland National
Forest-Orange County Coastal Areas-Orange County Inland Areas-
133 PM PDT Mon Oct 15 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT TUESDAY FOR
STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY...
* LOCATION...Mountains and foothills below 6,000 feet, the
valleys, and all of Orange County.
* WINDS...Widespread northeast winds of 25 to 40 mph with gusts to
65 mph early this afternoon. The winds will not be as strong
late this afternoon through Tuesday and not quite as widespread
with winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
* HUMIDITY...5 to 10 percent this afternoon with poor recovery
tonight. There may be a slight recovery on Tuesday with lowest
humidity around 10 percent.
* OUTLOOK...Weaker and less widespread winds Wednesday and
Thursday with a gradual recovery in humidity.
* IMPACTS...Fuels will continue to dry this afternoon through
Tuesday, increasing the fire threat. Outdoor burning should be
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.