San Bernardino, CAIncluding Baker, Mountain Pass, Mitchell Caverns,
Morongo Valley, Yucca Valley, Twentynine Palms, Primm,
.Searchlight, and Cal-Nev-Ari
351 AM PST Mon Feb 19 2018
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS
* TIMING...Strong winds will continue this morning then decrease
* WINDS...Southwest 25 to 35 MPH with gusts 35 to 45 MPH.
Isolated gusts to 55 MPH in the high terrain.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds will create hazardous driving
conditions due to gusty crosswinds and areas of blowing dust.
Temporary structures and fences may be damaged. Loose or
unsecured objects may be displaced.
Check road and weather conditions before traveling. Motorists,
and especially drivers of high-profile vehicles should be
prepared for strong crosswinds and areas of reduced visibility.
San Bernardino, CAIncluding the cities of Cottonwood Visitor and Lost Horse-Keys
519 AM PST Mon Feb 19 2018
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PST THIS EVENING...
* AFFECTED AREA...Joshua Tree National Park.
* TIMING...Now through this evening.
* WINDS...West winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds in Joshua Tree National Park will
create difficult and hazardous driving conditions, especially
for high profile vehicles. Areas of blowing dust may also lead
to sharply reduced visibilities.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of between
30 and 40 mph are expected, or wind gusts of between 40 and
58 mph. Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially
for high profile vehicles. In addition, strong winds over desert
areas could result in briefly lowered visibilities to well under
a mile at times in blowing dust or blowing sand. Use extra