No deaths were recorded on highways in Los Angeles County while two were reported statewide during the first 36 hours of the Thanksgiving weekend, the CHP said.
The reporting period began at 6 p.m Wednesday, a CHP officer said.
During the same time period last year, the CHP reported six deaths statewide and no deaths in Los Angeles County.
This year, the CHP reported 401 motorists statewide who were arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, down from last year's 455.
In Los Angeles County, the CHP reported 81 arrests for suspicion of DUI, down from last year's 118.
More Southern California Stories:
- Ski Dazzle Turns 50
- 10 Cited in Walmart Protests
- Burned Body Found in Playa Vista
- Family Argument Leads to Stabbing
- SoCal Marines Treated to Thanksgiving Meal
- Accused Serial Killer Dies in Jail
- Father Accused of Abducting Sons