A die-hard Dodger fan's tweet last week simply saying he was "ready for the playoffs" may have gone unnoticed if it weren't for the photo attached to it.
Jose Romero, who apparently holds no reservations about displaying his Dodger pride, shared a photo of the Dodger Stadium image he got tattooed in detail on the side of his shaved head.
"I got the Dodger tattoo at the beginning of the season, but I tweeted it out because I’m so proud of how well they're doing," Romero told NBC4.
Romero, a dedicated Dodger fan since the Fernando Valenzuela era, said it took seven hours to complete the stadium artwork and about three weeks to heal.
The stadium is sharing prime tattoo real estate with artwork of his two other favorite teams: a diamond-encrusted Lakers championship ring tattoo on the back of his head and a Raiders logo tattoo on the top of his head.
"A lot of people think it hurts when you get a tattoo on the head, but it doesn't," he said. "It kind of feels good."
Romero said he has more than 30 tattoos on his body to go with the stadium tattoo - and his girlfriend doesn't mind.
More Southern California Stories:
- Transgender Professor Fights to Keep Job
- "Queens" Comments in Past, Kings Welcome Shaq
- Scully Joining Dodgers For Postseas
- Kilts & Cabers: Ventura Seaside Highland Games
- The People Behind the Landmark: I Am Farmers Market
- Dogs to Be Examined After Boy's Attack Death
- Viewer Images: Madre Fire