A junior varsity coach has been arrested at a Chino high school on suspicion of child pornography and sexual misconduct, authorities said.
Valerie Segura, 20, of Ontario, was arrested at Don Lugo High School following allegations of sexually inappropriate behavior towards an underage student, the city of Chino said Thursday in a news release.
Segura was arrested on Tuesday.
The 20-year-old, who has been placed on administrative leave, is a second-year coach for the school’s junior varsity basketball team, said Chino Valley Unified School District spokeswoman Julie Gobin.
Segura was booked at the West Valley Detention Center for allegedly sending/receiving child pornography and annoying or molesting a child, the city said.
Anyone with information relating to the case is urged to contact the Chino Police Department at 909-628-1234.
More Southern California Stories:
- PM Forecast: Cold Snap Continues
- Storm Prompts Mountain Road Closure
- Plastic Skull Among Remains Found
- Amber Alert Issued for Wash. Teen
- Thomas Died From Police Beating
- Fritz's Holiday Lights 2013
- LAUSD Board Member Dies
- Woman Sentenced in Fatal Crash