Man Accuses "X-Men" Director, Entertainment Execs in Underage Hollywood Sex Ring

The lawsuits claim teen boys were coerced into sex with adult men after being given drugs and alcohol

By Kim Baldonado and Christina Cocca
|  Tuesday, Apr 22, 2014  |  Updated 8:49 AM PDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
The man who claims to have been sexually abused as a teen by film director Bryan Singer has filed new lawsuits against other high profile studio executives. Gadi Schwartz reports from Universal City for the NBC4 News at 11 on Monday, April, 21, 2014.

The man who claims to have been sexually abused as a teen by film director Bryan Singer has filed new lawsuits against other high profile studio executives. Gadi Schwartz reports from Universal City for the NBC4 News at 11 on Monday, April, 21, 2014.

Photos and Videos

3 More Hollywood Execs Accused of Child Abuse

The man who accused director Bryan Singer of sexual abuse when he was underage is now naming three more Hollywood executives in similar lawsuits. Kim Baldonado reports from Beverly Hills for the NBC4 News at 5 p.m. on Monday, Apr. 21, 2014.
More Photos and Videos

Days after a man came forward with sexual abuse claims against "X-Men" franchise director Bryan Singer, the accuser on Monday claimed the abuse was part of a drug-fueled sex ring involving Hollywood power players and underage boys.

Michael Egan and his attorney held a news conference to announce lawsuits against three other entertainment executives for the alleged abuse.

"You stand up for what's right," Egan said. "I wouldn't wish it upon any of my worst enemies."

In lawsuits filed Monday, Egan claimed he was sexually abused by: Gary Goddard, a producer and theme park designer; David Neuman, a former executive at CNN and Disney TV; and Garth Ancier, a TV executive who's been at the helm of several networks, according to the lawsuits.

The suits allege the three men were part of a Hollywood sex ring, which held parties in an Encino home and estate in Hawaii, where teenage boys were allegedly given drugs and alcohol and then coerced into sex.

Egan said he was 15 years old when the abuse started and 17 when he finally came forward to his mother, who cried at the Monday afternoon press conference announcing the new claims.

"There's talk Mike is here for his 15 minutes of fame. You call this fame? What part of this is fame? Do you think we like it? No," she said. "(I want it) so no other parent has to sit here with their child and go through this."

The lawsuit filed April 16 against Singer, claims Egan was lured into a sex ring run by a former digital entertainment company executive, Marc Collins-Rector, with promises of auditions for acting, modeling and commercial jobs.

He was put on the company's payroll as an actor, but forced to have sex with adult men at parties within Hollywood's entertainment industry, the lawsuit said.

Singer's attorney Marty Singer (no relation to Bryan Singer) wrote in a statement after Egan's remarks that the accusations were "completely fabricated."

The director’s attorney said he will prove Singer was not in Hawaii when Egan said he was abused.

NBC4 reached out to Neuman, Goddard and Ancier. By time of publication, only a representative for Goddard responded and said the allegations are without merit.

Egan and his attorney, Jeff Herman, said last week that the alleged abuse was reported by Egan's mother to the FBI and Los Angeles police. Herman later said he was not sure if his client spoke to police detectives or if the case was referred directly to the FBI.

Los Angeles Police Commander Andrew Smith said the department is looking into whether a report was made. FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said the agency could not comment on what Egan reported unless it resulted in a case or matter of public record.

Singer is the director of the upcoming film "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and directed previous films in the franchise, as well as the thriller "The Usual Suspects."

Alex Ben Block, senior editor at the Hollywood Reporter, said he expects studios will be looking at pulling back Singer’s name as much as promotions rev up for the latest installment of “X-Men.”

According to Block, Singer canceled an appearance at a comic book convention in Anaheim as well as an appearance in Washington.

Follow NBCLA for the latest LA news, events and entertainment: iPhone/iPad App | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | Text Alerts | Email Alerts

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Running Dry
Coverage of the California drought. Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out