Here are six things to do when your car need repairs:
- Check with family and friends for recommendations
- Search for mechanics online. You can check the Better Business Bureau for ratings
- Call the mechanic before you go. Ask if they offer free estimates.
- Before you authorize repairs, make sure you receive a written estimate
- If the mechanic can't return your veicle the same day you drop it off, ask for the written estimate for the time of repairs
- If the mechanic won't give you everything in writing, walk away.