See why J. Crew is using the Obama girls to sell clothing and take a look at our list of must-reads that will have you chatting at the lunch counter, over IM or wherever it is that people actually talk these days.
- Sasha and Malia Obama are the poster girls for J. Crew as the clothing line attempt to hawk their spring and summer lines. The clothing company sent out a press release about outfits the girls were pictured in during the family's trip to Moscow, noting their "stylish" J. Crew trench coats and their ballet flats. The retail chain also included details about the prices of the clothing and accessories.
- Michael Jackson is the most popular person ever in Facebook history, allfacebook.com reported. A page of the site dedicated to Jackson now has 6.4 million fans and is gaining 20 more per second. It surpassed the popularity of the site for Barack Obama.
- Box office records are totally bogus. The figures don't take into account number of tickets sold or inflation -- two huge factors in determining the actual success of a film. When adjusted for inflation, for example, Gone With the Wind earned 50% more than Titanic and almost three times as much as The Dark Knight based on 2009 dollars.
- Pope Benedict XVI said a new world financial order should be based on ethics, dignity and common good. The Pope denounced greed in the world and urged world leaders to take morality into account when dealing with ecnomic hardships.
- The U.S. Census Bureau said the world's population today is 6,769,419,981. That number will increase to 6,774,705,647 by Aug. 1.