A SWAT standoff in Sylmar came to a close Friday morning after a man who fired shots and barricaded himself inside a home was taken into custody, police said.
A woman told police she was being threatened by her brother about 9 p.m., and when officers followed up at the residence, two to four shots were fired, said Officer Jee Kim of the Los Angeles Department's Mission Station.
Police did not know whether the man tried to fire at officers or someone else.
A SWAT team responded after the man then barricaded himself in the home in the 12000 block of De Garmo Avenue until nearly 5 a.m.
Video from the scene showed SWAT officers surrounding the home while the man was holed up inside.
No further details were immediately available.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- LACMA Remodel At Odds With La Brea Tar Pits
- Skateboarding Pup Finds Her New Home in OC
- LADWP Workers Collect $77.3M in Overtime
- Death Inspires Rethink of Child Abuse Cases
- Watts' $1B Makeover Worries Some Residents
- Motorcyclist Kills Self in Post-Chase Standoff
- Couple Awarded $4M in Deputies' Shooting
- Child Care Health and Safety Information