A 33-year-old woman was identified on Sunday as the pedestrian struck and killed when a police patrol car apparently hit her on an Orange County street.
Katherine Tinnell died Saturday after 1 a.m. at Orangethorpe Avenue and Oregon Street in Buena Park, according to a press release from the Orange County Coroner’s Office.
While authorities are not saying much about the crash, it was a marked black-and-white Buena Park Police Department K-9 car that was involved in the crash, according to the California Highway Patrol, which was investigating the crash.
Tinnell was either crossing or standing in the street when she was hit, the CHP said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Firefighters Brace for More Red Flag Conditions
- CSUN, UCLA Warn of On-Campus Crimes
- Cancer Patient Gets Wedding Wish at Hospital
- Driver Shoots Officer With Cop's Gun
- After Losing Sight, Mechanic Keeps Working
- Drastic Weather Changes Coming
- Firefighting Plane Damaged in "Hard Landing"
- Wacky Machines: Ventura Kinetic Race