The 19-year-old son of a firefighter was arrested on suspicion of starting three brush fires, authorities said Monday.
Updated Article: Arson Charges Filed Against Firefighter's Son
Gabriel Michael Castillo, 19, of Anaheim Hills, Calif. was booked into Orange County Jail. He allegedly started three fires in Yorba Linda last week, according to a statement from the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
No one was injured, and no structures were damaged in the fires, officials said.
Castillo is the son of an 18-year veteran Orange County Fire Authority firefighter stationed in Santa Ana, according to the statement.
The Orange County Fire Authority began investigating the case but handed over the investigation to the Sheriff's Department upon learning of Castillo's connection to a firefighter.
Anyone with information about the case can call sheriff's investigators at 714-647-7000.
More Southern California Stories:
- Woman's Body Found After Flash Flood
- CHP to Crack Down on DUIs
- Flight Attendant Admits to Bomb Threats
- "Mega Yacht" Sparks Debate in Newport Harbor
- District Pays $40K to Monitor Students Online
- Mom, Boyfriend Arrested in Boy's Death
- Teacher's "Wicked" Duet Goes Viral