Detectives are searching for a gunman responsible for fatally shooting a man as he sat on a Southern California park bench, police said.
The shooting happened about 7 p.m. at Marie Wideman Park in the 6700 block of Imperial Avenue in San Diego, police said.
When officers arrived, they found a 28-year-old man on the sidewalk inside the park, suffering from gunshot wounds. He died at a hospital.
Police said the gunman walked up to the man and opened fire before running away.
The gunman was described as Latino in his 30s. He was wearing all black.
The victim’s name was withheld while police notified family.
Anyone with information should contact the SDPD Homicide Unit at (619) 531-2293 or Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.
More Southern California Stories:
- Lakers in China: Kobe Improving
- LAPD Officers, Driver Hurt in Crash
- LAX "Dry Ice Bomb" Delays Flights
- Two Killed in Coast Highway Crash
- Rocker's Stolen Ax Finally Returned
- Lakers in China, Go To Great Wall
- Child Among Fatalities in Crash
- Football Player's Death Probed