Update on Saturday, July 20, 2013: The Coroner's Office identified the motorcyclist who died in the hit-and-run accident as Jesus Aguilar, a 26-year-old Cerritos man.
Police on Friday were asking for the public’s help in finding a Honda Accord driver who killed a motorcyclist in a hit-and-run Thursday night.
A motorcyclist was heading west on the 91 Freeway in Anaheim toward the 57 Freeway interchange when he crashed about 11:35 p.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
Witnesses said a bag attached to to the back of his sport bike got caught in the rear wheel, causing him to wreck.
A gold Honda Accord then struck him while he was on the ground, killing him on the spot. The Honda driver pulled over shortly before driving off, officials said.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene, officials said.
Officials urged anyone with information to call the CHP at 714-567-7000.
More Southern California Stories:
- Mountain Fire Threatens Palm Springs
- Outage Leaves 123,000 Without Power
- Rally for Trayvon Becomes Violent in IE
- Civilians to Issue Parking Tickets in Malibu
- 4-Year-Old Girl Allegedly Starved by Mom
- San Pedro Residents Rally Against Crime
- Charges Filed in Ramming of Deputy