Drivers near LAX Friday evening are being warned of especially congested streets after a car caught on fire in a tunnel near the airport.
“This compounds the heavy traffic normally experienced through the Sepulveda Tunnel during Friday evening rush hours,” the airport said in a statement.
Significant delays are expected on northbound and southbound Sepulveda Boulevard at the Sepulveda Tunnel near LAX, according to a spokeswoman for the airport.
Fire crews have extinguished the blaze and are clearing smoke from the tunnel.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- Clint Eastwood Cutout Seeks Home in Glendale Hills
- Brush Fire Burns in Foothills East of LA
- It's Time for Dodger Baseball, and Dream Come True
- FBI Joins Schools Gun Threat Probe
- Koreatown Bar Fight Ends in Gunfire
- Quake Warning Bill Sent to Gov. Brown