A newborn boy was found dead in a trash can Thursday in South El Monte and homicide detectives are investigating, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Authorities were probing a home in the 2600 block of Chico Avenue. The death was reported about 3 p.m., the department said in a news release posted shortly before 11 p.m.
Video from the scene showed authorities inspecting plastic garbage cans in an area covered by Sheriff's Homicide Bureau tarps.
Further information, including how the boy died or how he was found, was not available.
More Southern California Stories:
- Man Killed in Hit-and-Run Near Beverly Hills
- Teacher Suspended After Leno Appearance
- Librarians Allegedly Stole Textbooks
- After Malfunction, WindSeeker Is Relocating
- Pasadena Restaurant Inspections Fall Behind
- Another Big Rig Slams Into 10 Fwy Overpass
- Auto Shop Accused of Holding Car for Ransom