Crews put out a transformer fire in an industrial area of Wilmington on Tuesday morning. No injuries were reported.
The fire was called in just after 7:30 a.m. in the 900 block of W. Harry Bridges Boulevard, near the Vincent Thomas Bridge, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.
Firefighters knocked down the blaze in less than 40 minutes by dousing the flames with water and foam.
The Department of Water and Power shut down power to the transformer.
It was unclear what set off the blaze.
More Southern California Stories:
- LAFD Cat Whisperer Saves Kitten
- Kitten Saved From Storm Drain Kit
- Ricky Nolasco To Start Game 4?
- "The Voice" Battle Rounds Heat Up
- Woman Startled by Chicken Head
- UCLA Fights to Keep Baseball Stadium
- More Dry Ice Bombs at LAX
- Beer, Beagles and Fundraising