At least eight men were killed and two others were wounded in 11 separate shootings in Southern California over three days this weekend.
Eight of the 11 shootings happened late Saturday and early Sunday:
- A man was killed and a second man suffered a graze wound in a gang-related shooting in Vernon, police said. The gunman walked up to the men and fired two shots, said Officer Rosario Herrera, a spokeswoman with the Los Angeles Police Department.
- In the South LA district of Crenshaw, a man who was turned away from a party shot and fatally wounded another man after an argument, police said.
- A case of road rage turned deadly when a 22-year-old man was killed in a car-to-car shooting in the northeast San Fernando Valley district of Arleta, authorities said.
- In unincorporated Willowbrook, a man was shot and killed, officials said.
- After midnight Sunday, a 21-year-old San Bernardino man was shot while waiting at a stoplight after a possible argument, according to the San Bernardino Police Department.
- A 29-year-old Corona man was shot and killed outside of a home in Perris, according to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.
Two shootings happened Friday:
- Police in Riverside were investigating the discovery of a body of a man inside a minivan believed to have been shot Friday in the Riverside County city of Jurupa Valley.
- An argument escalated into a fatal shooting that left a 21-year-old Victorville man dead in an SUV in Arlington Heights, located in central LA.
Police were involved in three shootings over the weekend. One person was wounded. In two other cases, no one was hit.
- The first one took place Saturday night when a robbery suspect was shot at, but not hit, by a LA police officer downtwon before the man was arrested. His SUV was struck by bullets.
- Two hours later, Pasadena police shot and wounded a man who they said was armed with a gun after a chase through an apartment complex.
- Police in the Riverside County city of Banning shot at a man during a domestic violence call. He was not hit, but was later arrested.
City News Service contributed to this report.
More Southern California Stories:
- Search for Missing Boy Continues on Third Day
- Claim Denied in Dorner Mistaken ID Case
- Police Remember Officer Killed in Crash
- Pet Store Ban Passed in San Diego
- Transgender Bill Awaits Governor's Signature or Veto
- Mobile Home Park May be Torn Down
- Crash Survivors Reunited With Families
- SB 215 Fwy Closed for at Least 24 Hours