Forbes ranked Pomona College as the second best college in America, coming in just after winner Stanford University on its list of America's Top Colleges.
Pomona College, a private liberal arts college in Claremont, Calif., ranked second overall, second in private colleges and second in the West. The school was established in 1887 and received a financial grade of "A+" from Forbes.
Princeton University, Yale University and Columbia University rounded out the top five.
In the Golden State, only California Institute of Technology and the University of California at Berkeley joined Pomona and Stanford in the top 25 schools.
The 650-college list is based on the magazine's analysis, based on 12 factors, of student satisfaction, post-graduate success, student debt loads, graduation rate and nationally competitive awards won by students.
To see the complete list of top colleges, click here: Forbes Top Colleges
More Southern California Stories:
- Mick Jagger: 70 & Counting
- Flock of Seagulls’ Stolen Van Is Found Empty
- Samuel L. Jackson Talks "RoboCop" Reboot
- Jamie Foxx Discusses Playing Electro In "Spiderman"
- Caught on Video: Thieves Steal Flock of Seagulls' Tour Van
- Jennifer Lawrence on Her First Comic-Con