Weekend Recipe: Molletes con Chorizo
La Monarca Bakery gives their
A traditional chorizo sandwich that will keep you coming back for more.
Molletes con Chorizo
La Monarca Bakery shares with you a traditional chorizo sandwich that will keep you coming back for more!
- One Artisan Mexican Bolillo cut into halves
- Mexican Smashed Pinto Beans
- Shredded Mexican Asadero Cheese or Monterey Jack Cheese
- Mexican Chorizo Sausage
- Toast the two bolillo halves in a toaster oven (about 2 minutes @ 325 F)
- Spread the smashed pinto beans on both halves
- Cover both halves with shredded asadero or monterey jack cheese and place them in oven again until cheese melts (about 1 minute @ 325 F)
- Bring out and top with sauteed Mexican chorizo
- Add salsa to taste (optional) and plate
Best paired in the mornings with a good Cafe de Olla!