Winds are beginning to turn offshore as we start building the pattern for a big warm up over the next few days.
Temperatures will jump nearly 10 degrees each day through Monday, with many cities seeing temperatures around or above 100 degrees. Coastal locations will see temperatures into the mid to upper 90s. The ridge starts to break down after Tuesday, allowing temperatures to fall through the end of the week.
Offshore winds will start today, but the overall wind speeds should remain below 15-20mph. Winds will increase each morning with Monday and Tuesday looking like a moderate Santa Ana wind event.
A Red Flag Warning is in effect through Tuesday due to high fire danger caused by the gusty winds and very low humidity.
- Coast: Upper 70s to low 80s, sunny, breezy in offshore wind prone locations.
- Basin: Low to mid 80s, sunny.
- Inland: Mid to upper 80s, sunny, breezy in offshore wind prone locations.
- Mountains: Upper 50s to low 60s, sunny.
- High Desert: Low to mid 70s, sunny.