Expect a drop in temperatures Thursday followed by rain and snow as a winter-like weather system moves into Southern California.
Weather Page: Maps, Radar, Extended Forecast
Thursday's highs will be about 10 degrees lower than Wednesday's in some areas. Another drop is expected Friday -- by as much as 16 degrees in the San Fernando Valley.
A "cold winter-like Pacific weather system" will move into the region Thursday night, according to the National Weather Service. The system might bring a quarter and one third of an inch of rain late Thursday or early Friday morning, which could mean problems for the Friday morning drive.
Snow might fall at the 4,000-foot level.
A wind advisory was in effect for the 5 Freeway north of Los Angeles.
The precipition is expected to continue into Friday evening, then taper off for the weekend. Some showers are possible in mountain areas early Saturday morning.
- Mount Wilson: 66 Thursday, 49 Friday
- Avalon: 67 Thursday, 58 Friday
- Newport Beach: 68 Thursday, 60 Friday
- LAX: 71 Thursday, 63 Friday
- Lancaster: 72 Thursday, 56 Friday
- Burbank: 72 Thursday, 62 Friday
- Palmdale: 72 Thursday, 55 Friday
- Long Beach: 73 Thursday, 65 Friday
- San Gabriel: 73 Thursday, 64 Friday
- Downtown LA: 74 Thursday, 64 Friday
- Pasadena: 74 Thursday, 63 Friday
- Anaheim: 75 Thursday, 63 Friday
- Newhall: 75 Thursday, 57 Friday
- Woodland Hills: 77 Thursday, 61 Friday