The Woolsey Fire resulted in more than a 250,000 evacuations across Los Angeles and Ventura counties after igniting on Nov. 8, spreading rapidly over the following days and growing to over 97,000 acres.
For those interested in helping victims of the Southern California fires, NBC4 has put together a list of resources:
- The American Red Cross is taking donations to help fire victims by selecting "California Wildfires" for your donations here. You can also text the word CAWILDFIRES to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Also, those seeking resources related to the fires can find a list of evacuation centers at here and can download the organization's mobile Red Cross Emergency App for the most up-to-date alerts and information.
In addition, you can become a Red Cross volunteer here.
- The Los Angeles Fire Department Foundation needs help to fund hydration backpacks for all its firefighters. If you would like to support them, please make a donation here.
- The United Way has created a Disaster Relief Fund "to support our low-income neighbors whose lives and livlihoods are affected by the current wildfires in Southern California." You can make a donation here.
- The California Fire Foundation is helping victims of the SoCal wildfires by utilitizing its Supplying Aid to Victims of Emergency program. You can donate to the SAVE program, which is designed to provide "emergency short-term financial assistance to fire and natural disaster victims of California year-round, including both firefighters and civilians." You can dontate to the CARE program here.
- The Pepperdine Strong Foundation has been set up by the school to help the community by providing needed support for the students, faculty and staff directly impacted by the Woolsey Fire and also the Borderline Bar and Grill shooting. You can donate here.
- The Pallet in Westlake Village is a store collecting clothing donations and now is open to help local residents affected by the fires. The store is looking for children clothing donations. The store is located at 950 Hampshire Rd., Suite 104 in Westlake, open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. Call 805-370-8670 for more information.
How to Donate to Help Animals
- The Los Angeles County Animal Care Foundation provides animal safe trialers that provide temporary shelters for pets whose owners are evacuated due to disasters. You can donate to the foundation's disaster relief efforts here.
- The Pasadena Humane Society has responded to the Woolsey Fire by assisting the LA County-Agoura Shelter in evacuating and housing shelter animals. You can donate to the PHS here.
- The Humane Society of Ventura County is accepting animal evacuations related to the Southern California fires. Ventura County was hard hit by both the Woolsey and Hill fires. You can donate here.
You can also apply to volunteeer at the HSVC here.
- Thursday Nov. 15, 2018, from 8 p.m. - midnight, the ECHOplex will hold a fundraiser with music and art. Get more information about tickets here.