San Diego

Tustin Man Injured After E-Cigarette Explodes in His Face

A Tustin man was injured Friday night when an e-cigarette exploded in his face, officials said.

Firefighters responded to reports of a person burned in the 14600 block of Carfax Drive just before 10:30 p.m., according to the Orange County Fire Authority.

Officials said a man in his 20s was smoking an e-cigarette in his bedroom when it exploded.

The man suffered burns and cuts to his face. He was taken to a hospital in unknown condition.

Others have been hurt in e-cigarette explosions as well. In April, an Orange County man lost his eye when the battery in an e-cigarette exploded next to him. In a February incident, a man in San Diego was taken to a hospital with burns on his leg caused by one such explosion.

The Food and Drug Administration announced last month it will begin reviewing hundreds of e-cigarette brands.

Contact Us