Du-par's will offer hamburgers, hot cakes and other items for just a few cents Wednesday during a price rollback anniversary celebration at the Southern California restaurant's Original Farmers Market location.
The restaurant is celebrating 75 years of service with 1938-style prices on 20 menu items. That includes hamburgers for 20 cents, buttermilk hot cakes for a quarter, coffee for a nickel and chicken pot pie for 35 cents.
The restaurant is planning to serve about 4,000 pancakes, said owner Biff Naylor. The deals are only offered at Du-par's 6333 W. 3rd St. location, which opened in 1938 before eight other locations opened by the 1960s.
The recipe for Du-par's pancakes has been locked in a safe at the Farmers Market restaurant since 1938, said Naylor.
More Southern California Stories:
- Santa Fe Springs Stench Returns
- WATCH: Will Ferrell Leads Band
- Dodgers One Game from Elimination
- Murder-Suicide in El Monte
- Employee Arrested in LAX Explosions
- Magical Year Boils Down to Game 5
- Three Dead in Apparent Double-Murder-Suicide
- Chase Ends Outside Police Station