The 101 Freeway was closed in the Woodland Hills area Thursday morning for an investigation involving what authorities described as a suspicious package.
Traffic Page: Map and Updates
All lanes were closed bewteen Mulholland Drive and Shoup Avenue. The road was reopened after authorities determined the object was not a safety threat.
A Los Angeles Police Department bomb squad vehicle and robot were at the location. Aerial video showed several officers searching in the brush near a freeway entrance ramp.
More Southern California Stories:
- Morning Quake Shakes Southern Riverside County
- Long Beach Police Shoot Pit Bull
- Arrest in Ex-Teacher Sex Case
- Adult Films Pause After HIV Infection
- Councilman Wants List of Quake-Vulnerable Buildings
- ACLU Says U.S. Illegally Blacklists Muslims
- Man Dies Days After Tutoring Center Car Crash
- Shark Bite Victim Dies