Police released a composite image Wednesday of a burglar wanted in connection with a series of residential break-ins, including one in which a family dog was shot and killed.
The break-ins have occurred this week at five homes in the area of Promenade Avenue between Buchanan and McKinley avenues. Wendy Simons arrived home Wednesday to find her house ransacked and her 9-year-old Australian shepherd dead in the bathroom.
"It's just awful," said Simons. "It was just something you read about and think this never happens."
The burglar took jewelry, clothes and other items.
"Take it all, I don't care," said Simons. "But to kill an animal like that, it's your family pet."
Neighbors reported hearing multiple rounds of gunfire coming from the residence.
Anyone with information about the crimes can call investigators at 951-279-3637.
More Southern California Stories:
- Ex-USC Professor Accused of Child Sex Crimes
- Marines Walk 2,700 Miles for Wounded Veterans
- Family Dog Shot, Killed During Burglary
- Tour the Historic Rose Bowl
- Driver Rescued From Lexus With Big Rig Trailer on Roof