Officials have determined the remains found at Carson water pollution plant on Saturday are human remains, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
Homicide detectives discovered the remains just after 8 a.m. Saturday in the 24500 block of South Figueroa Street, according to a sheriff’s department statement.
Carson Sheriff's deputies went to the plant after an employee called authorities about the remains, which were recovered from a bin that holds debris separated from sewage water, officials said.
Detectives were still investigating the cause of death Saturday night.
Anyone with information should call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at 323-890-5500.
More Southern California Stories:
- Mourners Remember Slain Teacher
- In Memoriam: Actress Marcia Wallace
- Residents Don't Want Rapist in Town
- AM Forecast: Nice Day
- Lakers Strong in Win, Cut Roster
- Autopsy Set for Infant Girl
- Kraft Issues String Cheese Recall