Marcelo Alonzo Lozano, 34, has pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting four boys he met at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Sun Valley, where he was an usher. But police believe there may be additional victims. Beverly White reports from North Hollywood for the NBC4 News at 11 p.m. on Aug. 16, 2013.
After an usher at a Jehovah's Witnesses congregation in Sun Valley was charged with sexually abusing four boys he met at the church, investigators are searching for more possible victims.
Los Angeles police are asking families, especially in the San Fernando Valley, to take a good look at the booking photo of Marcelo Alonzo Lozano.
The 34-year-old was charged July 31 with nine felony counts that he sexually abused four boys. He pleaded not guilty and his bail was set at $1.8 million.
Before his arrest for alleged serial child sex assault, Lozano worked as an usher at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Sun Valley.
Investigators now worry for the children he may have met there.
"He had been there for about six years. This is where it leads detectives to believe there may be more possible victims. This is where we need the public’s help," LAPD Officer Cleon Joseph said.
Police allege Lozano preyed on children between 8 to 15 years old.
Worshippers at Sun Valley Kingdom Hall, where the suspect worked, drove by without comment Friday night.
Police are hopeful adults will talk to their children and let detectives know if the Lozano case hits home.
"Parents should know, it's not the person, not the creepy guy in the street that you should always look out for. Sometimes it's someone close to you; someone that's shaking your hand every day," Joseph said.