A man and an 11-year-old girl were injured after a car plowed into a house in Kern County early Saturday, police said.
Stephan Mason, 43, was allegedly driving drunk when his car careened into a home in the 200 block of N. Oasis Drive. The child became pinned beneath his car, according to a Ridgecrest Police Department statement.
Firefighters used heavy equipment to lift the car and freed the girl, authorities said. She was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
Mason was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol. He also had an outstanding arrest warrant out of Humboldt County, officials said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Body Found at Park ID'd as 21-Year-Old
- Funeral for Arizona Firefighter Kevin Woyjeck
- Deputy "Ambushed" in San Bernardino Shooting
- Mountain Fire Burns Near Idyllwild
- Ariz. Firefighter Remembered as "Proud Protector"
- 7 Injured, 1 Child Dead in Azusa Crash
- Arrests After Violence Mars LA Protest