A 22-year-old Winchester man was arrested Monday after allegedly masturbating inside a department store and grabbing a teenage girl, according to the Hemet Police Department.
About 4 p.m. Monday, police received a call about a man masturbating in a store in the 1200 block of S. Sanderson Avenue in San Jacinto, about 85 miles southeast of Los Angeles.
The man, identified as Grant Pittman, left the department store and blocked traffic in the street, before ultimately returning to the store where he grabbed a teenage girl and pulled her toward him, Hemet police said.
The girl was able to escape, and an alert citizen detained the Pittman before police took him into custody, police said.
Pittman was booked on charges of sexual battery, indecent exposure and annoying/molesting someone under 18 years of age. He is being held in lieu of $25,000 bail and is expected in court Thursday.
More Southern California Stories:
- Gunmen Sought in Playa Del Rey Home Invasion
- Woman's Body Found After Flash Flood
- CHP to Crack Down on DUIs
- Flight Attendant Admits to Bomb Threats
- "Mega Yacht" Sparks Debate in Newport Harbor
- District Pays $40K to Monitor Students Online
- Mom, Boyfriend Arrested in Boy's Death
- Firefighter's Son Accused in Arsons