A woman and her grandchild are in critical condition Friday night after they were struck by a hit-and-run driver on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said.
The crash happened about 8:30 p.m. in the 25500 block of PCH, according to Los Angeles County Fire Department.
A white or silver vehicle struck a grandmother, 54, and her 3-year-old grandson, said Sgt. Stephanie Shrout of the LA County Sheriff's Department Malibu station.
Both injured pedestrians were airlifted to a hospital, aerial footage showed.
The crash shut down a 1-mile stretch of the coastal roadway in both directions between Corral Canyon and Puerco Canyon, the LA County Sheriff’s Department said in an online update. The portion of PCH reopened at 9:45 p.m.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- Body Found in Missing Fontana Man’s Car
- Dog Shot, Killed After Biting Police Officer
- Coyotes Attack Pets in Laguna Beach
- Shirtless Man Goes on Restaurant Rampage
- Missing Fontana Man Possibly Abducted
- Couple of 75 Years Die a Day Apart
- Judge Orders Feds to Return Stripper’s $1M