A police standoff with a suspected gunman ended on Saturday, when police cleared a Manhattan Beach home without finding anybody inside.
Police went to the home after residents reported hearing gunshots and police found a bullet hole in a house, police said.
Manhattan Beach police investigated a shots fired report at 3309 Bayview Drive. Gunfire was reported at 4 a.m.
Two officers from the Redondo Police Department were dispatched to assist in cordoning off the area, police said.
Firefighters called police after they arrived and found a bullet hole at a house on Bayview Drive.
Two nearby homes were evacuated.
More Southern California Stories:
- Deputies Bust Illegal Cockfighting in Lancaster
- State of Emergency Declared for SoCal Fire
- Watch: Two Men Barely Escape Car Crash
- Police Chase Ends on Dead-End Street
- Students Post Hundreds of Tests Online
- "Good Progress" Made on 80-Acre Bee Fire
- Arrest Made in 66-Year-Old OC Woman's Death
- CA Leads Nation in Fatal Train Crossing Crashes