Three people were wounded, including a sheriff's deputy, and a knife-wielding man was killed in a fight Tuesday night in Laguna Niguel, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
At about 7:30 p.m., deputies responded to a call reporting a stabbing in the 200 block of Chandon and found a victim motionless in the street, Orange County Sheriff's Lt. Jeff Hallock said.
A man with a knife then attacked a deputy, cutting both of the deputy's arms, according to the sheriff's department. Another deputy fatally shot the man, sheriff's officials said..
The deceased subject was identified as 21-year-old Connor Bishop Zion, of Laguna Niguel. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The deputy and two others were taken to a nearby hospital. The other victims were identified as Zion's roommate and mother.
The deputy's injuries are considered serious, but not life-threatening.
The Orange County District Attorney's office will conduct an investigation into the shooting -- standard procedure for shootings that involve deputies.
More Southern California Stories:
- Chocolate Prices Expected to Rise
- Police Seek Serial Rapist Linked to 30 Assaults
- Recycled Food Makes Menu
- Fast-Moving Fire Prompts Evacuations in Cajon Pass
- Fan Gets Detailed Dodger Stadium Tattoo on His Head
- Transgender Professor Fights to Keep Job
- "Queens" Comments in Past, Kings Welcome Shaq