But what about the food at Angel Stadium? There are 11 new choices.
- CHIX: A mixture of healthy and tasty chicken offerings
- Sweet Spot: Ice cream, candies and cookies
- Diablo's: Saucy sandwiches and side dishes
- Major League Deli: A variety of specialty sandwiches, including the California club and Philly cheesesteak
- Major League Dogs: Extreme "topped" hot dogs built in front of fans, with customization available
- Toro Sushi: Sushi prepared fresh in front of fans, sake and Japanese beer
- The Grand Stand: Described as ''reinvented classic ballpark fare
- Panini Cafe: Gourmet grilled sandwiches, fresh salads, and wine
- Clyde Wright's BBQ: Traditional Tennessee barbecue prepared under the supervision of former Angels pitcher Clyde Wright, who will be signing autographs
- Home Plate Grill: A specialty sausage grill
- Angelino's Grill: A fresh Mexican Grill
Peanuts and Cracker Jack just don't cut it anymore.
The new food spots are part of the efforts by the Angels and ARAMARK, the team's exclusive food and beverage partner, to create "the ultimate ballpark dining experience for fans that reflects the tastes and flavors of the surrounding area," David Freireich of ARMARK said.
Monday night's game marks the start of the Angels' quest for a fourth consecutive American League West championship. Jared Weaver, 16-8 in 2009, will be their starting pitcher, opposing fellow right-hander Scott Baker, 15-9, last season.