NBC4 Southern California won nine Golden Mike Awards including the finalist category for best news broadcast - 30 minutes or less, for the station's 11 p.m. newscast. The winners were announced at the 65th Annual Golden Mike Awards in Universal City on January 24.
NBC4 also won Golden Mike Awards for:
- Best Sports Reporting, "The Mechanics of an Olympian"
- Best Spot News Reporting, "Aggressive CD Hustle”
- Best Live Coverage of a News Story, "UCLA Watermain Break”
- Best News Public Affairs Program, "Life Connected: Celebrating Black History Month”
- Best News Special, “Running Dry: California’s Historic Drought”
- Best Light Feature Reporting, “Night Crawlers”
- Best Business and Consumer Reporting, “The Ol’ Gift Card Switcheroo”
- Best News Videography of a Hard News Story, Series or Special, “Risky Ride: I-Team Investigation”