1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes in puree
1 qt. organic reduced sodium chicken broth
1 can (14 oz.) cannellini beans
8 oz. high protein elbow pasta, cooked
2 cups chard, de-stemmed and chopped
1 tsp. finely chopped rosemary
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
1. Heat olive oil in large sauce pot over medium heat.
2. Sauté onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add red pepper flakes, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil.
4. Add beans, cooked pasta, chard, rosemary and parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into individual serving bowls and top with parmesan cheese.
Calories per serving: 395
Calorie equivalent: 2 oz. protein, 2 1/2 carbohydrates, 1 vegetable